AN IRRESISTIBLE IRISH RIVERSIDE ITALIANATE VILLA
A DELIGHTFUL MANOR HOME, EXTENSIVE GARDENS AND AN ARTISTS’ RETREAT
Hidden away lies this most elegant Italianate-style villa, home to a family with legacy in, distilling, garden design and art. After viewing the elaborate and elegant interiors and followed by wandering the gardens, the family welcome guests inside for a tasting of their own renowned whiskey and hospitality in the elegant dining room.
- A welcome inside an elegant Italianate-style house that is home to one of Ireland’s renowned whiskey distilling families.
- A guided tour of the home by the owners showcasing artistic works by one of the family, a specialist in botanical art;
- A saunter through the estate gardens and walled gardens which provide the inspiration to visiting artists and gardening experts;
- Hospitality in the family dining room which includes a glass of their family whiskey or an Irish coffee.
The exact locations of our venues are not disclosed to preserve the privacy of our hosts homes.
APPROX TRAVEL TIMES
1 hr from Waterford
1 hr from Cork
Photography by Kees Van Seventer
While visits by individuals and couples are possible, ideally, we recommend groups with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 guests to preserve the intimacy and dynamic of every experience.
MOBILITY & VENUE CONSIDERATIONS
- A reasonable level of mobility is required to enjoy exploring the gardens.
- Internal photography at the host’s home will only be allowed in certain areas.
- Hennessy & Furlong host
- Personal welcome by at least one of the family
- Access to all the internal reception rooms
- Guided walk through the extensive gardens
- Whiskey tasting
- Afternoon tea
Pricing tailored according to group size and hospitality.
CUSTOMISE YOUR ITINERARY
CALL US TODAY
SAMPLE HALF-DAY ITINERARY
Time – Approx 4 hrs
1. WELCOME & BRIEFING
As you arrive into the estate, you will be struck by the elegance of this Italianate-style house deep in the Irish countryside.
2. INVITED INSIDE
As your visit begins, you are welcomed by the owners who share their story of living and growing up in this special family home.
3. THE ARTIST’S WAY
As you wander through the estate, you delve deeper into the rich artistic heritage, explore the artist’s studio and chat about her current canvases.
4. EXPLORING THE ESTATE
Stroll around the gardens, smell the seasonal fragrances, imagine the toil of gardeners of times past, be amazed with the exotic species, share knowledge and be inspired.
5. AN IRISH WHISKEY OR IRISH COFFEE
Being a renowned whiskey distilling family, no visit would be complete without a a few sips of whiskey or a delightful Irish whiskey coffee. Sipping their whiskey in their home is such an authentic experience.
6. CONVIVIAL CONVERSATIONS CONTINUE
In the family dining room, the magic continues as family bone china is laid out for hospitality. Convivial conversations continue, more stories are shared and a sense of contentment is experienced after such a relaxed visit.