TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All bookings are made with Hennessy & Furlong Ltd., a private limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland.
- By booking a trip with us, paying a deposit or signing this agreement, you accept all of the terms in this agreement on your own behalf and on behalf of all persons listed on the booking, including any minor under your custody, care or control (“Minor” or “Child”) (individually, “Traveller,” and collectively, “Travellers”), and direct us to perform services for each and every Traveller.
- The terms and conditions set forth in this agreement constitute the entire understanding and agreement between you the Traveller (“you” or “your”) and Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. with respect to any and all bookings, reservations, trips, or transactions made with Hennessy & Furlong Ltd.
- All Travelers must be 18 years of age or older to travel with Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Once you have agreed to a customised trip designed by us, we require a 25% deposit to secure your booking and arrangements. This deposit is non-refundable.
- We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel.
- Cancellation of your booking must be made as soon as possible to [email protected]
- 28 days or more prior to departure will receive full refund less the 25% non-refundable deposit.
- 28-7 days will be subject to loss of 50% of our fees.
- 7 days or less will be subject to 100% of our fees.
- Any refund which has been agreed with Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. can only be refunded by bank transfer; it cannot be carried out using a credit card.
- Refunds may only be made to the bank account of the person to be refunded. This cannot be done by credit card and the onus is on the person to be refunded to provide bank account details, IBAN and BIC code.
CHANGES BY US
- From time to time, some of our arrangements for you may need to change. While this is very unlikely, there may be situations where a particular host may not be available for personal reasons. This might include illness, family bereavement or other unavoidable situations.
- As travel professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will offer you alternative similar arrangements if at all possible.
- Once your booking has been confirmed we will make every effort to provide you with the booked arrangements but reserve the right to alter or cancel the whole or part of the trip in the event of happenings outside the control of Hennessy & Furlong Ltd.
- Reasons for doing so may include but shall not be limited to such force majeure matters as extreme adverse local weather conditions or weather warnings, natural disasters, civil strikes, fire, flood conditions and similar. No compensation will be paid for force majeure cancellations.
MEETING POINTS & BRIEFING
- Your travel itinerary will indicate the pick-up point and briefing details. Typically, this will be your own hotel or other agreed meeting point.
- Traffic restrictions may impact on our chauffeur and/or executive transport so we ask you to be ready at the appointed time.
- Our briefing may take place at either the pick-up point and/or enroute.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- We will endeavour to deal with any change requests. If you request to change your trip date(s) or alter your itinerary after we confirm your booking but before your trip’s departure date, we will consider whether we can reasonably accommodate your request. If we are able to make such changes, a change fee may be applied. The type and scope of change dictates the amount of the change fee though such fees will not be unreasonable.
- Our outside suppliers including executive transport companies and our hosts may impose additional fees or penalties for changes and cancellations. It is in our sole discretion whether to accept a change request.
- It is important that you carefully read all trip-related documents that you receive from us as soon as you receive them. It is your responsibility to contact us if any information is incorrect. We are not responsible for any errors in documentation if you fail to notify us of any inaccuracies within 45 days of your receipt of those documents.
- Travelling with us means you should expect a reasonably active trip. Gardens walks, medieval stair-climbing, traversing uneven ground and standing around for periods of time are aspects of many of our trips.
- They should not present problems to anyone of normal fitness, but they would not be suitable for those who are slow, have limited mobility, need support or are low on stamina.
- Our trips usually include hospitality with the hosts. As far as practicable, we will endeavour to meet any dietary requirements.
- When booking, please inform us of any special dietary requirements for you and your group.
- With advance notice, we are able to cater for guests with the following dietary requirements: coeliac, diabetic, vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan, kosher and halal.
Passports and Visas
- You are responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are valid and effective and in your possession for the entire trip. Valid passports are required for travel to Ireland. Please check with the appropriate Irish embassy or consulate for entry requirements.
- Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. is not responsible for delays, changes, or cancellation costs due to incorrect, incomplete or expired traveller documents. In the event that you must cancel, delay or reschedule your trip due to expired or missing travel documentation, you are responsible for all associated costs to rectify the situation. If you are unable to join your trip, you will not be reimbursed or refunded any amounts as per the cancellation terms listed in this document.
Photography and Images Release
- On some trips, we may include one of our photographers to take or create images, photos, sound recordings and videos in any format that contain or feature you or other members of your group.
- These images may contain your name, likeness, identity, photographic image, videographic image or oral or recorded statements.
- You agree that we may use these Images for any purpose, including to promote and publicize our travel services, and grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images without your prior inspection.
- Should you have specific photography concerns, please bring them to the attention of our representative and/or photographer on your trip.
- In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. please inform our representative in the first instance.
- If the matter cannot be resolved immediately or during your trip after our representative’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made by e-mail [email protected] to Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. as soon as is reasonably possible after the trip, but within 30 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated.
- Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. will not consider any claims after the 30-day period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
- Welcome to Ireland where the weather is temperate; in short this means that there is no extremes of temperature. Being an Atlantic island nation, there is abundant rainfall year round.
- Many of our trips involve some walks in country estates and gardens. On our castle trips, there are likely to be stone medieval staircases where you will need a reasonable level of mobility. Therefore, we recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and bring a rain jacket.
- For more information on our weather, please visit
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions. No trip can be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather conditions.
- While we accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the trip experience, we will endeavour to amend the trip to minimise the impact of poor weather conditions.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our vehicles.
- On our private visits, smoking is not allowed inside the homes or castles.
- The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you, your group and Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer of Hennessy & Furlong Ltd.
- This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Irish law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your trip will be dealt with by the Courts of the Republic of Ireland only. Changes to these Terms & Conditions will only be valid if agreed by Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. in writing.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our website, brochures and other printed material at time of going to print. However, Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. cannot be held responsible for online errors, printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
SIGN UP FOR OUR JOURNAL
Receive inspiring Irish travel ideas, cultural insights and offers
Hennessy & Furlong Ltd. Company No 578355 Registered Office: Cappawhite, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. E34 TK71